[Chrysler300] "F" Tires

The bias-ply tires on my "F" don't have more than 500-600 miles on
them and show absolutely no signs whatsoever of deterioration, but
they are at least 27 years old. I'm quite a bit concerned about
their integrity on the road, particularly trips over 40-50 miles,
after reading earlier post here on this subject.

This is the primary reason the "F" isn't making the 130-mile trip to
the spring meet this week.

The car currently is shod with J78-14's w/ 1-1/4" whitewalls.

I believe I would like to go radials, for the better ride, but would
like to retain the medium-width whitewalls, if possible.

So my question(s):

What recommendations do ya'll have based on your experience? Brand,
model, size?

Will wheel alignment be necessary if switched to radials?

Any and all comments would be most welcome....

Thanks, Mike in No-Spring-Again-This-year Michigan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0xaSZB/UOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM