RE: [Chrysler300] Dot 4 mixed with Dot 5 Silicone

RE: [Chrysler300] Dot 4 mixed with Dot 5 Silicone

Marv,

Decide which type of fluid you want to keep in the system and flush the
system and refill.  Start by drawing off the fluid in the master with a
suction type tool of some kind, refill, and bleed each wheel cylinder until
the fresh fluid comes through nice and clean, uniform in color, and without
air bubbles.  I would not leave mixed fluid in the system.

I have had DOT 5 silicone fluid in my 300G since 1978, and have had very
good luck with it.  It is a low maintenance, high boiling point fluid that
works well with the centerplane brakes and won't melt your paint if it
spills.  Some folks have a problem with air bubbles in the fluid and that
will give you a spongy pedal, so try to keep air from getting in the system.

If you go with DOT 4, use Castrol LMA type.  It is the best of the
conventional fluids because of the Low Moisture Activity formulation.

Bob J

http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM