Re: [Chrysler300] Tranny Fluid

Since it's new, who knows? I don't see where it will hurt anything, but how well it works in the older transmissions is another question. Amsoil currently makes a full synthetic that meets Chrysler + 4 and Mercron V requirements. I use it in my newer vehicles and it works great. Attest the first trans in the New Yorker let go at 85K, the replacement, using Amsoil has 130k on it and still shifts like new.

 If it is a blend, my personal feeling is they are  a waste of money. No manufacturer that I have seen specifies what constitutes a blend, 50%, 25%, 10%, 5%, who knows?  On the performance side, I haven't seen any solid evidence they work any better than conventional oils.

Russ Vaughan

Gary Barker <gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't want to start another Transmission Fluid debate,   But I was in
the local auto parts store  today and they were talking about a new
fluid that Pennzoil has came out with that's universal for all
transmissions.  Its either part or all synthetic.
Now  do we take a chance and try using,  it or do we stay with the old
stuff?     That is the New Question.-Gary Barker

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM