Re: [Chrysler300] Water pump for G.

Well I was half right! They are different, but the A/C pumps do have
fewer vanes, I had it backwards. Sorry.

Something to be noted here is that if you are replacing one, check the
back wall of the housing. Sometimes these impellers walk on the shaft
and start to wear away the back of the housing and the new pump will
have too much clearance for proper water movement. I've had 2 like
that, of Course the first one I didn't notice and the new pump was
quiet but not real effective. Finally figured it out, now I check.

Ray
On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:07 AM, Warren Anderson wrote:

> Hi Marshall;
> Usually they're different. A/C pumps have more vanes, to move more
> water. Be wary of rebuilt pumps, cause you might either one, no matter
> what you want.
>
> Ray
> Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
>

> I just checked two of my old wedge head Chrysler manuals just to
> verify.
> They do show FEWER impellers and SMALLER diameter impellers for OE
> factory
> A/C applications. This I remember was to SLOW fluid flow and allow
> more time
> for heat transfer to take place.
>
> If a person was to compare what is in the manuals with what is
> available
> today as new replacement, there might be some concern but if quality
> NEW
> (never rebuilt) pump doesn't work and cool properly some other pump
> will
> need to be sourced.
>
> So far, new A/C pumps by application have worked for us. Most
> applications
> have been  for 440 motorhomes however and my own 413 and 383's with
> A/C.

Yahoo! Groups Links