Re: [Chrysler300] what was and what wasn't flash-chromed?

Re: [Chrysler300] what was and what wasn't flash-chromed?

Hi to all,
     I had two of my '57 caps touched up by the same polisher as John
Cote and he mentioned having to remove the flash chrome chemically
before polishing.  Of course all of the paint came off in the process.
Didn't run into this when doing the trim pieces.

                Dave Geise  NJ

cotejohnr@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Mike and all,
>Sounds like sometime between '56 and '62 flash chroming stopped being
>used.  I know my '56 stainless had flash chroming as the person who did
>my stainless demonstrated to me the flash chrome on the trim and some
>'56 B wheelcovers.  I vaguely remember him using a solvent that removed
>the flash chrome so it he could buff the stainless more quickly and
>easily.  Maybe acetone??
>(Help me out here Al Vannice!!)
>I'll try to give my polisher a call and ask him if that is so.
>John Cote
>CT.

Yahoo! Groups Links