[Chrysler300] Left hand wheel stud and nut.

[Chrysler300] Left hand wheel stud and nut.

To: 300 Club members.

While trying to remove the left rear wheel,  one of the wheel nuts just kept spinning
and not comming off.    ( Yes, I know that the left side has left  hand threads.)

Maybe somewhere in its previous life, someone had tried an air wrench or crossbar the wrong way.

Got four lug nuts off and one "spinner."

I gave up quickly, and grabbed the 4" grinder and a carborundum disk.

After playing with it for about one hour,  the nut and stud were gone and the wheel was off.

Tonight I bumped the stub that was remaining and the shortened stub is inside the bottom of the

left rear brake drum.   John Characky will bring wheel puller on Wed.

I looks like I need a wheel stud about  1/2  "  X   1  1/2 "    LH Thread    and   Wheel Nut.

Where can I get One or more of these wheel studs.     LH Threads.   And Lug nuts   LHT.

Or do I change the left side to Right hand threads?

NAPA didn"t list any  LHT.

John Characky said they don't exist anymore.

MOPAR dealer parts guy was on his 5th day at work...... Call back Tuesday and talk to the real parts Guy.

I'm shure I'm not the first this has happened to.

Any suggestions other than run with 4 lug nuts?  (after I get the stud out of the drum )

300ly,    ( and belong to both 300 clubs )

Lauren R Lampi
black 61 300 G   Under construction and getting real close
Grand Rapids, Minnesota      ( up North )    Turned the air off today,   70"

Our local  Itasca Vintage Car Club is hosting the 34th annual Swap Meet and Car Show this weekend.
Swap on July 30 and 31   Sat and Sun.    Car Show Sunday July 31.     700 vendor spots and 340 show cars.   Also Car Corral

Yahoo! Groups Links