Re: [Chrysler300] transmission problems

I'm no expert but it sounds to me like the valve body has a problem or
is in need of a thorough cleaning.  You take it out of the transmission
and take off a thin plate.  Inside is 5 steel balls,  mark down where
they live and clean all the passages with paint thinner.  Remove the
mechanisms from the side and clean the valves that come out, remember
how they came out.  When a transmission goes into reverse there is
different circuits and valves used than in drive.  Also pressure is
higher in reverse.  Good luck

ricdis1@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hello all, does anyone know why the trans.(727b) shifts hard out of first
>gear only after being placed in reverse or park. Once it shifts out of low it
>shifts fine all day, as long as I do not move lever into reverse or park. Sorry
> not a 300 car question. This trans is in my 69 charger r\t. I checked all
>linkage adjustments and changed filter and adj. bands.no improvements. Also one
> other clue is can hear slight whistle every time it shifts.Thanks.
>
>                                    Rick  DiSalvo
>_RicDiS1@xxxxxxxx (mailto:RicDiS1@xxxxxxx)        300g, 69 charger.

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm