[Chrysler300] Lake Tahoe Meteor Shower Party

[Chrysler300] Lake Tahoe Meteor Shower Party

Lake Tahoe Meteor Shower Party

Hello All,

The evening of August 11th is the Perseid Meteor Show so I suggested that we have a star party to observe the shooting stars in the dark California skies. So Larry Jett put me in charge.

I have arranged for us to be the guest of a local amateur astronomer who lives in Meyers, CA about four miles from the hotel. He has a 22-inch telescope so in addition to watching meteors streak across the sky we will be for some wonderful astronomical treats in the form of deep sky wonders through the eyepiece.

We will lie on the grass on blankets (from the hotel) or sit on benches or bring your own chairs. If you have never experienced a meteor shower, you are in for a real treat with as many as 60 an hour shooting across the dark sky. I am told that it becomes so dark there you can almost touch the stars.

We will drive there after the boat ride - sometime about 10 p.m. and stay as late as you like up to 2 a.m. or so. Best of all BEER is OK so this becomes a modified parking lot/star party.

If you would like to participate, please reply to this posting so I can get some idea of how many people are interested.

Our host is looking forward to seeing all our wonderful cars.

Philip Seldon

300G (red)

Yahoo! Groups Links