From: <JettLarry@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:41:37 EDT
To: <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] The COKER REPORT and some opinion thrown in for free

Several have asked for the details of the tires destroyed  on the way  home
from Tahoe.  As is often the case, things end up being older than we  think
they are.  I bought these tires in October 1997 from Coker.  I  would have
thought maybe 2001.  They have maybe 3 thousand miles on  them.  They are
P225/75/R14 sized and are M+S with the following  words:  tread plies:  2
polyester and
2 steel belts.   sidewall plies:  2 polyester.
I suspect that Coker will side step the issue because of age so will listen
to Roger Shaaf's opinion and find some newer tech tires.  As to the racing
wheel option mentioned yesterday at Stockton Wheel, I will be ordering them
for
the F.  It is driven spiritingly if irregularly and the memory of George
Laurie changing lanes very quickly at blowout time last week plus my memory
of
the OEM wheel splitting on the inside from metal fatigue a few years ago
(the
next day after some 125 mph driving) makes the expenditure for new tires and
wheels easier to explain to the transportation committee at Jett Ranch.
Thanks to one and all for the kind words of the Tahoe Meet.  The cars are
very
important, but had this been the congregation of Pez Dispenser Lovers  of
America, it would have nearly as nice because of the  participants!  Hummm,
perhaps
I should package club conventions at Tahoe  and do it full time.

For list server instructions, go to

 YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

" on the web.
*
*  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
*
*  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .