[Chrysler300] Red Engine Mystery Maybe Solved????

[Chrysler300] Red Engine Mystery Maybe Solved????

> Hi Group:
>
>     Just curious here can anyone tell me if there were  any
>  circumstances  where Chrysler painted a 413 ci engine block red?   I  know
1960-61
> were black, and '63-4 were turquoise.  I  don't know about '62  ( I assume
it was
> black or  turquoise)  but does anyone know under what  circumstances, if
any,
> they  were  painted red?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete  Fitch

Hi Pete:
The big blocks like 413 engines in Canada were  painted red. I have
one in a 64 new yorker and also one in a 65 new yorker  which are both
red.  Also, the power steering pump is painted the same  color as the
engine in Canada (not black like they did in the  USA).
Fern

Thanks Fern - I wonder if the earlier Canadian bound  413s were painted red
as well.  That would be a telling fact in some  instances.  I also had one
reply that the Plymouoth 383's were painted red  as well.

Pete