[Chrysler300] 300s, hurricane - thoughts with you

[Chrysler300] 300s, hurricane - thoughts with you

Initially I hoped no 300 letter cars had been harmed in the tragic hurricane
that America has just suffered.  But then when one sees on Television news
here so many people who before the hurricane likely had very little, and are
now left with not only nothing, but also lost family or loved ones, please
know that many Australians' hearts are with them and you.

Before I purchased my first 300, after my father died, back in 1973 I was on
a riverfront property, in a wet spring I fought rising flood heights for
about 8 weeks, before the neighbour's levee approx 3 miles upstream finally
could cope no more with ever higher shoveled up heights, let go about 3am
one morning. Dawn, and the Govt SES came in, ordered us out, and I had about
18 hours to move out what I had not before the bank went (luckily I had
moved my then 30 odd cars before this), as water came in up to three metres
deep over my record crops and lucerne, etc., the house.  The two years we
were off the place for, the years of work to get it back, are nothing
compared to the tragedy so many of your people have just encountered, and
please may anyone who can help these people get through what they may never
recover from, please do so. Our 300 cars are precious to us, but many of
these people have been far more cruelly hurt.

What with America losing so many in Iraq to both death and injury, the
annoyance we have a high gas prices, is nothing compare to true grief many
Americans are suffering. From now on for the rest of this and coming years,
may there be much happier 300 times ahead -and I know from talking to many
today, you have our best wishes from very many here in Australia.

Aussie Christopher