Re: [Chrysler300] 300 import

Hi Roger and all,

I was the one you met in Sacramento with the 300B that you speak about.
  As for what has been happening with the car, I'll give a quick
summary.

I drove the car for several years to local shows.  It had 61,000
original miles on it and ran like a clock.   Then a couple of years ago
I spent considerable time freshening, redoing this and that , and
detailing  the car.  When finished, as a member of AACA, I showed the
car at two AACA National Meets in 2003 where it earned a 1st Junior,
Senior and the AACA Post-War Car National Award for 2003.  In 2004 it
earned an AACA 1st Grand National Award (Senior cars only show) in
Buffalo, N.Y.

Last Spring, Danbury Mint asked if they could use my B for the
necessary photos and measurements to make a 300B model. They came to my
house and shot 12 rolls of film and 45 minutes of video to use for the
soon to be available (all be it Black !!)  1:24 scale model.    ( They
elected to put wire wheels on it although it had wheelcovers. Guess
they had the molds for the wheels from all the '56 Desotos they have
done recently.)

This past Winter, I thought about selling the B as I had acquired yet
another Chrysler. With space,  always a problem for us all, I decided
to let the B go.  So, as of this Spring, I no longer own the B you know
but it lives on for more to enjoy.

Nice story about your B,  Roger.   Oh, and Roger, it has the 3.07 rear
end !!!

John R. Cote
Guilford, CT.,
300C Convert,  2 X '56 NY Converts., '61 Newport and '61 NY 9 pass.
wagons!