[Chrysler300] Brake Light Issues

Good afternoon,

I drove the G up to my parents for dinner last night. One of the neighbors came over to tell me that the taillights were on. The light switch was not on, pressing the brake pedal produced no changes in the illumination. When pulling the light switch on, it did make the lights come on brighter. Still no brake lights when depressing the brake pedal.

I then lightly tweaked the wires on the brake switch which hangs beneath the master cylinder. This made the taillights go out, but still no brake lights. The lights do illuminate when the switch is pulled on. I continued to work with the 2 wires on the switch at the master cylinder, with no success.

These wires have been messed with prior to my ownership and there may be a disconnect somewhere. I will check this. It doesn't, however, make sense to me that the lights remain on before my tweaking.

Any ideas? I have driven the car well over 2,000 miles this summer, and this is the first time this has happened. I have a very dark garage that I back the car into, if it had happened before, I would have seen it.

Thanks,

Richard Osborne

Best regards,

Richard Osborne