[Chrysler300] Carbs running too rich?

I had a great time traveling to Pigeon Forge, TN (about 200 miles) to the
"Shades of the Past Rod Run" show.  There were about 3,000 cars at the show
itself and an estimated 10,000 cars on display and for sale along the three
mile stretch of city.  Quite a spectacle.  The 300F was extremely well
received and I was told more than once that if it had been judged, it would
have made the top 25 of all cars at the show.  Maybe so, maybe not.  But it
got more than it's share of ooh's and aah's.

During the drive into the city on Friday night, I had a trip of about an
hour at idle.  After that, the car never really ran well until I got back on
the interstate to come home on Sunday.  It would stutter and pop and acted
like it was running on six or seven cylinders.  It was also bad to backfire
in the city and even on the trip home when I let off the gas.  I assume that
the plugs were loading up due to rich-running carbs, but it sure ran rough!!

Today, when I took it for a brief drive to the shop, it wouldn't shift out
of first gear for several hundred yards.  Any thoughts about this or the
rough running?

The only other odd occurence was that the heater core fractured on the trip
to Pigeon Forge and it poored coolant onto the passenger floor.  I rerouted
some hoses and took off down the road but didn't think that would affect the
running of the engine.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Tom Cox