From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Gary Barker
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 1:27 PM
To: John J. Hertog; listserver 300 club
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 413 engine & trans

Hi Guys,  I have a 72  Pace Arrow motor home which is on a Dodge
Chassis.  Lee was right about the engine, But I have often thought about

using the tranny  as a replacement for the old cast iron Torqueflight.
I sure don't know why it wouldn't work and it would be plenty Heavy Duty

for the job.   Might be a crankshaft / Torque converter problem   Gary
Barker

John J. Hertog wrote:

>To Lee and all,
>
>The person who e-mailed me the ad also sent me pictures of the
>engine/trans - I barely looked at them.  However, after reading Lee's
post,
>I went back and peeked more carefully.   Sure enough - water pump sits
a lot
>higher than on any RB motor I've ever seen !
>
>Thanks Lee.  Good to learn something new... I was not aware that
motorhome
>413's were so different .
>
>Interesting to note that the trans. has a parking brake assembly on it
not
>unlike our 300's ...  wonder what that is all about...  I had not
noticed
>that either...
>
>John

Since