[Chrysler300] buying s/h 300 parts on i/net - final & new 300C news

[Chrysler300] buying s/h 300 parts on i/net - final & new 300C news

I would like to thank all those who offered experiences and comment re
buying needed parts for their 300 series vehicles on the internet.

Two simple final thoughts/comment.
1) some last comment was raised re added difficulties for some sellers
shipping auction items overseas - yet without overseas buyer's/bidders,
sellers may (sometimes/often would) get lower final bids/prices?  So if it
is more difficult for sellers to send items, they must weigh that up with
possible lower prices if only sell to US?! Obviously you guys in the US
would be glad if us furriners weren't bidding/competing?!!
Comments re varying experiences re 'Handling Charges' charged - buyers
wishing to avoid bad experiences here were/are advised to note any that seem
too high before bidding, or else ask for (rough/firm?) price before bidding?
2) "buyer beware" - more than one person suggested everyone should be
prepared for the buying deal that is a ripoff, or dud - where one in effect
does one's money.
One must (seemingly/hopefully) be in front re the other good deals to in
effect maybe walk away, write off, the odd bad deal - otherwise if this is
too unacceptable, then it is suggested people only deal with people on a
face to face basis, where one can physically see and handle the item before
agreeing to purchase/pay.
Various means of trying to get bad deals corrected were mentioned/suggested,
but individual experiences seem to indicate do not count on quick or
effective results from these?!
Once again thank you to all of you with more years' ebay experience.

Of a more 300C (the original) specific aussie news - the 'new' 300C
Australian launch was supposed to be September, then October, and is now
apparently November. The largest monthly collector/sales national
publication has asked me would I provide my original/first 300C (the now
well tuned and sorted one) for a feature they are doing on the new 300C.

So I have suggested we go out to the race circuit about 30 mins north, and
put both them round the track. I have just ordered/received new conrod
bearings (standard)  from Egge, and will also put new upper control arm
bushes in I have, plus add my octane boost before our encounter.

This circuit will be a great test, have been there before in my somewhat
souped up 57 T/bird, it just getting up to 100mph on short 1st back
straight, so the 300 should crack maybe 115-120 mph.  Be interesting to see
how the back end hangs in on the (next) hairpin corner, and the later esses
before coming out onto pits/grandstand straight.  The early tacho will help
get the best/safest auto changes, but do not know how carbs will go in the
turns, may try to do the mods that cut out flooding, flat spots, if anyone
knows how to explain how to do the mods.

All the best over there, great to see all the shots on club site of all the
300s together and being driven at two recent outings/events.
Christopher in Australia