[Chrysler300] Just to put a damper on things...

[Chrysler300] Just to put a damper on things...

Thanks for the tip, Dan.  You should not fear the steenking blue
letters.  Over time and after many misteaks, I have found the idea is
not to have any HTML or special formatting such as underscore or color
in the email to the server.  The club server, my server or my browser
then converts things like e-mail addresses and websites to HTML.

The Damper Doctor sells harmonic balancers, motor mounts and driveshaft
supports and lives at:

http://www.damperdoctor.com/

The damper Doctor wants $231.95 for an damper for a 331/354-less $75
core charge.  Seven pounds at over $2/ounce.  The damper for a "57-59
hemi" 392 is less expensive ($148-$60) and heavier (10 pounds).

Could anyone describe the symptoms of a deteriorated or failing harmonic
damper?  Engine/chassis vibes?  Ability to move or rock the damper?
Visual observations?  After 50 years and 78,000 miles is it time to
rebuild or replace on general principles?  I had hard enough time
getting a rotor and distributor cap on the way to Tahoe and can't
imagine shopping for a harmonic balancer.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300 (Harmonious as far as I can tell)