[Chrysler300] my badass 66 300 finally runs

[Chrysler300] my badass 66 300 finally runs

Howdy gang, I finally fired up my 66 300 today for the first time. The
big 482 inch aluminum headed wedge started immediately and sounds sweet!
I did an initial timing adjustment and ran it for 20 minutes at 2000 rpm
or so to break in the cam. I put a hemi 4 speed in this thing with a
hydraulic clutch setup so I wanted to see how that all was working so I
thought I would go for a little drive around the block or so. So what if
I don't have any windows or windshields installed yet, or door latches,
or front bumper, grill and some other things. The keisler hydro clutch
is stiff but not too bad, the custom made centerforce disc and pressure
plate are just a little grabby but that is to be expected to hold the
power together. Drove it around the block a couple times, kinda couldn't
resist giving it a little half throttle stab from a 20 mph roll and
yowzaa! The big girl boils the hides with ease. Sweet! The TTI headers
and full 3 inch exhaust sound really good and the system is quite a bit
quieter than I expected. Its nice to have some noticeable progress on
this car, now I just need to spend a few days to install the rest of its
bits so I can go for a real drive. Bitchin!
Big cars need Big engines, and a four speed never hurts!
Lee in San Diego