[Chrysler300] news of 1957 300C versus 2005 300C(2)

[Chrysler300] news of 1957 300C versus 2005 300C(2)

The original 300C meets it's new aussie right hand drive namesake this
Wednesday afternoon - this conditional on the truck delivering it arriving
from interstate at noon midday - this for Australia's UNIQUE CARS, an aussie
equivalent of Cars and Parts, or Hemmings, other major US Colloector Car
Mags.

Originally the venue was to be Mallala race circuit, but due to time
pressures (at Daimler Chrysler Australia's end), the venue is now Adelaide
International Raceway. There is a dragstrip, as well as a (smaller) banked
Nascar Oval there, plus the original race circuit/track.
We will only have about 3 and 1/2 hours for photos, swap drivers, laps etc,
so this is a bit oof a bummer, but set in stone by them is I have to drive
the new one and say what I think. I don't think Chrysler know what we
are/may do, or whether they even care?

All I/we know about the new 300 is that it is one being bought over for a
major 5 day tarmac Road Rally (about 200-300 cars, from latest big AMG
Benzs, back to pre war blown Alfas, early Ferrari, etc), and the car is
needed to finish prep after we finish - I do not know what V8 motor specs it
is. (The rhd 300C is due for release here any day, will be priced around
$60K in V8 form - you may know where our are being built/sourced - US, or
where?).

Now I know they are serious, tomorrow I do a rush start of getting my most
used 300C ready,
(I have still been buried restoing/creating the best daily driver 71 El
Camno (a Bernuda Triangle of all car restorers woes and things gone/going
wrong ) - I now know why I kept away from Chevvys for so long - and I
suggest never buy a ute that has been driven by a builder since 1971 until
2003, even if it came from dry accident free Long Beach CA !!)
and if possible I especially want to run the 1/4, and the banking - have a
lower (higher ratio) limited slip diff centre, but do not know if I will fit
this - car runs around 15s now, need I go/seek better to keep this new
(brick shaped) thing half honest?!  And did I mention the Wednesday weather
forecast is for showers/rain coming in after lunch - great !!!  My car runs
235 by 75 by 15 narrow whitewall radials on original style wire wheels, but
banking in the wet may test this/the car?

Magazine is owned by one of nation's top billionaire media tycoons (not
Bush's aussie mate Mudrock), and have pushed them re what is in it for me -
they saying they never usually do anything - (maybe that why he so rich
eh??!!), but initially they have guaranteed plenty of shots/prints , so can
forward some of those, plus a report of how the day goes if anyone
interested.

Christopher in Australia
ps had some real honest/great ebay sellers recently, not only on Chrysler
stuff, and/but after my earlier run of a few real/bad smartie
listers/sellers - kinda restores your faith a bit.

It should be weekend over there, get those 300s out and burn some gas - your
US OIL Companies recent record profits could still be higher - come on, help
the poor struggling buggers out !!?