[Chrysler300] Moving A-Head

Thanks, Philippe:

This partially clears it up for me, but I need more education to fully
understand.  Does your information indicate that a given casting number
can be machined and finished differently to become two different part
numbers?  Or that either of two different casting numbers can be
machined and finished to the same part number?  That does make sense.
However, the mystery remains--why does my official 1955-58 Chrysler
Parts book not list part numbers 1634145 or 1632157?  My book does have
the 1556156 as the part number for 1955 NY & Imp heads.

Also, your note on the 1632157 heads is a little unclear to me.  When
you say they are for a "ser. 300 engine", is that for the 1955 C-300
automobile or is the "ser. 300" a Dodge truck series?

Will both the casting number and the part number appear on each head?
Where?  I can understand the casting number being cast in with the head
and the part number being stamped in with dies.

Not to make this overly complex, but it seems I have read that the truck
exhaust manifolds have larger passages, are less restrictive and bolt
on.  Anyone with insight into this?

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300

Philippe Courant wrote:

The "Hollander" shows the 1556157 as a casting number for 1955 heads #
1634145 (chrysler NY and 300, Imperial) or 1632157 heads (dodge truck
'55-early 56, 8cyl, ser. 300 engine)
The 1556156 is only listed as the 1634145 heads
1323333 is the casting number for 1323334 heads (Chrysler & Imp 51-52 8
cyl, Chrysler  & Imp 53 exc those with  heads cast.1486833)

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)