[Chrysler300] New Issue-Model of C-300

I have been able to collect several so-so models of my white (not
Platinum, unfortunately) 1955 C-300-in various scales, but have been
unable to find a 1:18 scale model.  I just received a Fairfield Mint
catalog that has a 1:18 scale model of a black C-300 diecast.  They also
have red and white B's, and a white over black '55 Imperial.  300's are
$29.99, Imperial is $39.98--perhaps due to a little more detail
work--just like the original.  Lots and lots of old and new cars,
trucks, planes, tractors, crawlers, guns and figurines in the catalog.

I found their website easily enough and the '55 can be viewed at:

http://www.fairfieldmint.com/inventory/55_chrysler300_jn/#more

Their pitch:  "The first production car with a 300 hp engine. Driven by
Lee Petty, Chrysler's 1955 C300 dominated NASCAR. And created a sales
sensation. Fifty years later, Chrysler's HEMI powered letter cars
continue to roll off showroom floors. Now, you can own Chrysler's first
letter series. Recreated with all the original's outstanding
appointments. This die cast model is sure to stand out in your
collection. Order today!"

The pictures show the side trim lining up about as bad as on mine and
the model detail doesn't look all that neat, but I'll get one anyway for
our coffee table.  It does have wire wheels, wide whitewalls, no outside
mirrors and no air conditioning scoops.  Now if I could just get them to
offer it in real Platinum matching the club's paint samples.  I do have
a Signature brand '55 Imperial and a Maisto brand 300B in 1:18 scale and
they are quite nice, I think.  I recall I bought one of them at Costco
for $20.  There was probably a container load of these models sent over
from China and you will probably soon see them cluttering up eBay.

I understand that some of our members' cars have been used as the
reference for these models.  If your 300 has been used as a model, let
us know.  I'd especially be interested in hearing from anyone whose 1955
C-300 was the model for the Fairfield Mint model.

I showed my C-300 in a local show today and was beat out by a beautiful
1949 Buick Roadmaster woodie.  A nice day in the sun sharing my car with
many admirers that REMEMBER.  The Roadmaster had a small scale model of
it on the dash--in a closely-matching maroon.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300 (love it in 1:1 scale!)