[Chrysler300] gas tank re-pro project - reply

[Chrysler300] gas tank re-pro project - reply

Hi Dave,

    Re: fuel tanks : a recent note by George Riehl states the following  :
"It's too soon to think about this as there is a current problem with the
dies and material that they are working on. We'll just have to wait for the
outcome. As soon as any info comes in, it will be forwarded."

    Dave, it should also be noted that the repro parts made in Sweden are
being made privately by certain individuals. It is my understanding, from
prior conversations with George Riehl on this topic, that it is up to these
individuals as to how to market and sell their products. They do not
necessarily wish to sell through the Chrysler 300 Club .

    Mr. Michael Burke was recently in Sweden meeting with some of these
individuals;   he has been heavily involved with them re: various
reproduction projects, and he himself sells some of their repro parts
directly to the membership (air cleaner housings, etc... ) .  These are NOT
club projects and Club funds are NOT involved.  As Mr. Burke is connected to
this listserver and reads these e-mails, perhaps he will reply to your
question, and enlighten the membership  as to exactly what is going on with
regards to the fuel tanks you are inquiring about and whatever else may be
in the works.

    I do not think that the people in Sweden involved in these repro
projects want our financial backing or Club involvment in their private
ventures. Also, our Club does not seek to make a profit on repro parts,
whereas apparently they do (and that is certainly their right ! ) .

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY