Re: [Chrysler300] 1957 300 C carborator codes

John Lyons wrote:

>Could anyone please identify the proper codes located on the carburetor of a
>300 C?
>
>Thanks!
>
>John

Ok,  some folks have supplied the TAG numbers,  now for the nitty gritty!

if you are looking down at the carb from the front,  the tag should be
on the right rear screw for the top plate of the carb.
Now  there is a cast number there as well,  that is 6-1310,  nextto that
cast number is also probably a stamped number  1306,  it is usually a
fainter number then the cast number.
Now the main body of the carb will have a cast number 0-153  this is
seen when looking on the front of the body under the accelerator pump rod.
IF Both of these are present then there is a fair chance that it is a 57
Chrysler carb.
Next you have to look at the accelerator linkage to see if it is mopar
and not chebby
YES the chebby (vette folks especially) LOVE to run the mopar carbs
instead of the units that GM bought from Carter Corp.
I would bet some serious $$$ that there are More 2x4 carb equipped
"authentic" 57 vettes and other chebbys out there then GM actually sold
new back then.

I can supply pics of real 1957 Chrysler carbs to anyone who needs visual
cues to help spot the real deal.

In the past 3 years at least 2 sets of 58 carbs and 3 sets of 57 carbs
sold on e-bay porported to be Vette carbs and sellers hoping to make
killer $$$ by selling them that way.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy