Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Heater

It could be several things.  I first would remove the heater hoses and
flush out the heater core to see if it is clogged.  If it is open and
water is flowing free go ahead  and plug the ends of your hoses and
start the engine and turn on your hot water valve.  See if it is
controlling the flow of waterfrom the hose.   From  full flow to no flow
when changing the temp. control.  If the controls are working ok hook up
the heater hoses and make sure you have the right hose on the right
pipe.    After the engine is up to full operating temp set temp. control
to hot, feel the hoses and see if they are hot.  If the water is flowing
you should not be able to hold on to the hose very long.  Remember 180
degrees.
Now check your heater / defroster controls.  Does the defroster have hot
air coming out.  Then check the heater outlets.  If they are not working
you will have to start checking to see if the vacuum lines are ok.
Under the hood first,  then under the dash.  Watch each door as you
change the settings.   Try This first.   Gary Barker