[Chrysler300] a 300C thank you, and a shocker iquestion

[Chrysler300] a 300C thank you, and a shocker iquestion

1) Thank you to those who suggested tghe best/easiest way to remove the
brake booster on a 300C -the answer was unbolt the 4 master cylinder
securing nuts in engine bay, undo steel brake line off it and lift out
master cylinder and then undo the upper 4 remaining that hold main mount
plate that runs behind booster - then you can lift out the booster with the
rear plate that also is/was behind the master cylinder. The only other
things one removes before this are the vacuum reserve tank and it's two
hoses.  Whole job only took about 20 minutes to remove, same to refit, with
quick bleed of brakes just at master cylinder fitting.  The greater fun,
more time, was changing the rubber bellows, and I used thick electrical wire
to hold the big internal spring compressed while I refitted front cover.

2) My 300C now again prowls the streets of South Australia - gets the usual
questions of is it a Studebaker, Thunderbird - you name it, but it now
finally is due new front shocks - the question is is how good are the often
suggested KYBs - are they just equivalent to originals or better?
And/or, is there a better known shock that is not silly money, or does not
require major mods to fit.  I am about to fit a set of (I believe original)
stiffer rear springs I have, and so if possible want the front as good as
possible so I can see if I can get that rear end to hold in better on local
race circuit which you can use if pay a few bucks on days where they have
free times.  Christmas over here is summer, and so even if hot, it great
300C weather - last nights monthly cruise seeing about 300 50s-60s cars and
rods - only 1 300 (mine), and a 59 Plymouth, 69 Dodge R/T, few Cudas, etc.

Have a good week over there, still to see my first new Chrysler C on the
street here, they released about 10 days ago - local reviews not bad, and
near all saying glad ro see V8 rear drive Chrysler back in Australia since
they pulled out over 25 years ago - sales target for Australia 1st year is
1400  (our national population around 21 million)

Christopher in OZ

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM