[Chrysler300] 300 gas mileage & coupe values?

[Chrysler300] 300 gas mileage & coupe values?

1) From Australia I have watched replies re mileage obtained by 300
(original ones, not the current thing) owners.
Using an old aussie saying from about the era of 300s, here is 'my two bobs
worth'. Firstly Radial tyres are worth about an extra 2 mpg in highway use
over the old/original cross ply type. Anyone who has pushed a cross ply tyre
car on concrete, versus one on radials can see how much easier the radial
car rolls.
Having said that, I seem to have a rather rare 300 - on a 400 mile trip, on
the second part of the trip, about 240 miles, I obtained 22 mpg (aussie 4
and half litres to gallon) at 70 mph - mainly flat easy running.  This was
actual gallons into tank to refill, not by the gauge.  Round town, driving
just hard enough to impress/deflate modern cars, about 12-14mpg - my 300C
needs only initial throttle off mark, hold it a bit, and 'whack whack' and
you are in top doing 40 mph, up or ahead of most traffic. Or - floor it
after just rolling, and you look in rear view mirror as button off at about
45mph with everything seemingly still back at the lights, albiet in a black
gas haze. Obvoiusly gas consumption here most likely around 8mpg.

Compared to US figures of other members, my highway figures seem high -
however I do know my car has a non original cam - it is the early snout type
(55-56), which apparently is supposed to not work, or be wrong in 392s - and
yet it sure seems to go pretty good anyway/anyhow. Apart from radials, the
wrong cam, I sit my car lower at front than factory, by winding dowwn
torsion bars - that may help highway figures, cause I have noticed once one
gets over 70mph, the virtually no throttle this takes, now requires a little
more - maybe enough to crack second two of eight throats?

2) re discussion re the 300D for sale currently - not that I am looking to
buy or sell,  what (after Barret Jackson 300G outcomes earlier this year?!)
are 300C/300D coupes currently selling for in the US, say a fullly restod
car, and a good daily driver ( say a 10-20 footer that has a rust free good
body) ?  And do many sell a year - from over here, only ones one hears off
are in Hemmings, or Old Cars, etc.

If one looks on ebay at other marques (me for say 57 T/Bird parts), at any
one time there are 50s Cadillac Biarittz and Sevilles, maybe 5-8 '57 TBirds,
plenty of other rare, desired cars - yet how often does say particularly a
'55-59 letter car appear - sure I know they are rare/rarer, but how do they
get sold, or do we just love them too much to sell them ?

Sorry I have gone on too long again - can make up for too many words by
sending John Hertog some magazine shots/proofs sent me from article about to
come out in next week re my 57 300C meets new 300C for national monthly car
mag.

Have a good weekend - let me know your 'two bobs' worth - does anyone know
what some of club's real early 300 owners got on highway use? Back in late
60s, gas was about 27c a gallon on the farm in Australia - way better than
now near $6 a gallon !! I put a bigger Le Mans cam in the AC Cobra I owned,
and in slow near dead flat country running (for a Cobra running in) ran out
of gas in just over 150 miles = only about $3.50 worth then - now more like
near $80 -$90.
Christopher in Australia.