[Chrysler300] New Ebay Scam

I hadn't heard of this one yet, but I was recently contacted by an
individual stating that they were giving me a "Second Chance" on a recent
item on ebay "since the winner of the auction was unable to complete the
transaction."  I had been the next highest bidder.

I received an official, ebay-looking message confirming the "second chance"
purchase, along with verifications and other confirmations from ebay.  As a
matter of fact, I received so much information, I began to have doubts.  But
the real item that stirred my curiousity was the fact that I now had to pay
by Western Union, rather than the PayPal mentioned in the original ebay
posting.

I emailed the real seller and asked him to confirm that the winner of the
auction was unable to complete the transaction.  It took him a couple of
days to get back to me, but when he did, he indicated that the deal was done
and that the original buyer had already paid him.

Be careful of this one; I could have lost $750 if I hadn't been curious.
The graphics were perfectly copied from ebay with correct identifying marks
and everything.  If anyone wants me to forward the "offer", please let me
know.

Tom Cox (F coupe and F convert-in progress)