Re: [Chrysler300] dealer and show brochures

Re: [Chrysler300] dealer and show brochures

In a message dated 12/29/2005 5:13:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
300country@xxxxxxx writes:
As you know, Virgil Exner really disliked fender skirts.  He felt that the
wheel defined the essence or purpose of the automobile.
................................................................ In my opinion, they certainly took
away from the clean designs that came out under Exner's direction.

I agree.   I have chided many 300 and 57 Fury owner friends about the skirts,
grille bars and lack of blackout behind the grilles on their cars.  On the
subject of the rear wheel house, Virgil even extended the flare in a distinctive
scallop on the rear edge of the rear wheel lip of the 300 and the Fury
quarter for a very unique look in 57. He definitely did not want to provide a double
lip or to cover up what was styled in.   All is lost if it is covered.
Recognizing that if it is your car you can put anything on it you want,  I  still
object to the books and periodicals not researching enough to say "are the
skirts correct?"...No they are not!

 So here is why I am even commenting on this subject......I am of the opinion
that we should remove custom items from these shoots before it is documented.
I just received a book for Christmas  " MoparMuscle" by Genat.  Several pages
of a beautiful 57C but with skirts. In fact they are almost featured.   May
as well put a luggage rack on the trunk lid, curb feelers and a continental kit
and be complete. These too could be found in the accessory shops.
  For many years I have served as technical advisor for one of the MoPar
clubs and pictures of cars with custom add-ons drive tech advisors crazy with all
of the follow up questions. And unlike the newspapers, books live on forever.
 Just my humble but controversial opinion....Marv