[Chrysler300] Found Unlisted 300C

I 'm reporting a 300C thats not on the Club list.  It belongs to an old
friends son Bart Denny.  I saw this car about 20 years ago.  He bought
it at a County Auction  for $728.00  Next highest bidder was $700.00.
I ask Bart why he was interested in a Chrysler 300 at such a young age.
He told me he was at his dads transmission shop after school one day and
his dad was working on a 55, 300.  He said when he saw the two four
barrels he couldn't believe it. He had never seen a car with 2x4's
before and said from that day on he just had to have one.   ( Thats what
happens when you are born and raised in the country)
  I used to see him drive it around right after he got out of High
School.   He quit driving it in 1996 and parked  it in the back of his
shop.  Over the years it became a large white shelf to stack car parts
on.  Mostly gaskets and light boxes.
  I just happened to stop buy and see him and there in the back I
spotted it.  I said to him I didn't know you still had your 300C  His
reply I probably never sell it in less I'm forced to.  Any way he
allowed me to come back and look it over after all the rain and floods
subsided.  So after two weeks waiting I grabbed a tablet and pen and
headed up the hill.
 Here's what I found.:
1957 Chrysler 300C, 2drht. P/S, P/B, P/W's, A/T, AM radio, Solar Tinted
Glass except windshield.  It had the green shading at the top of the
Glass.  One twin post remote review mirror on drivers side. Manual radio
antenna on passengers side and  Power seats.
Under the hood sets a 392 Hemi with Chrome valve covers.  #3NE 572407.
There is a remote oil filter on the upper right. on the inside the
fender  behind the radiator support.  There is a after market, York  AC
compressor on the right front of the engine. Other than that, every
thing is there and all looks stock.   Paint code is X, and Trim code is
60.  There is another number 0504 on the tag.  The tag has more than one
coat of paint on it. He is going to strip the paint off so he can read
the whole thing. I think it must have been in a wreck  The clearance on
the brackets on the radiator support were greater than the right side.
Also the Stainless Steel Tag on the Drivers door pillar also was painted
over.  # 3N 572360 on the Tag.
   The car has a AC unit in the Trunk.  I couldn't get in the Trunk, But
you could see the Vents in the rear window shelf.

The body was dent less except for the passengers door. It is  shoved in
very bad.  ( I told Bart I have a mint door I would sell to him).  I
want to tell you the car had 10 years of dust on it.   Black dust on a
White car. It made it kind of hard to see any very small imperfections.
The only thing we could find missing was the small round plastic emblem
in the center of the trunk emblem.  The  other thing we could find
missing was the drivers side Dome light lens. This is a very complete
car.  with a very straight body.  All the Hub Caps are there and in
perfect condition.  All the Chrome is in great shape as far as I could
tell with all the dust.  Pot Metal had some very slight pitting.
Stainless Steel molding was in perfect condition. except for a small
piece behind the bumper and the grill wrap around molding. on both
sides.  They weren't bent just out of alignment.
 The 300C plastic emblem the drivers side molding is cracked.
Now the inside.  Seats look like almost new, front and rear.  Probably
replaced, But are right color and Pattern.  Carpets look good.  Probably
replaced when other upostlery was done. All the door and rear side
panels also in perfect condition.  The Dash and Gauges also look great.
Now remember everything is dirty and dusty, but I could not find any
flaws.  Speedo shows 119,985 miles.and is not working.
  Now for the rust.  Right rear fender quarter panel has blisters on the
bottom 4 inches all the way across.  Rust Blisters on both door rocker
panels   Drivers side floor is almost gone.  The last time Bart ran the
seats back the back corner went through the floor.  So I'm sure the
floor panels  need to be replaced.  Well there you have it. Over all I
find this a very restorable car  I'm sure if I could wash it and clean
the junk and dust from the inside I might find more flaws.  Bart said
the engine ran good when he parked it.

Did any 300C's  come with Chrome Valve Covers?   Well we can add one
more survivor to our list.
      Gary Barker, N. CA

Yahoo! Groups Links