[Chrysler300] Re: Chrysler Orange ???

Hi Joe,

Here's a nice chart showing Mopar Performance engine enamel applications and part numbers.  See:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/cowtownmopars/EngineColors.html

There's "Street Hemi Orange" (P4349216) and "Race Hemi Orange" (P4120751).

Race Hemi Orange is lighter and brighter than Street Hemi Orange.  I looked at the paint chip on Duplicolor's web site.  I think it's probably close, but have nothing handy to compare it with.

I've had my share of Hi Po Big Block Plymouths over the years.  Specifically an "N" code 383 in a 'Cuda.  It was indeed this darker color.  My "V" code 440+6 'Cuda is also this color.  The lighter Race Hemi Orange, although IMHO is a more striking color for the engine, is incorrect.

I used to have (25 years ago....) the Plymouth distant cousin to the 300 Hurst, the Sport Fury GT.  Although the memory of the engine color has faded from my mind, I do remember it having a dual snorkel air cleaner housing and the "Super Commando 440" pie tin on top of it.  It was a 350 horsepower "T" code 440 though.  I'm just curious.  Is the 440 in the 300 Hurst the "T" code 350 horspower or the "U" code 375 Horsepower version??  I didn't think the "U" code engine was available in any Chrysler automobile (only Dodges & Plymouths).  But then again, I've been collecting Chrysler products long enough to know that I should "never say never" in these matters....  <grin>

Okay.  I just looked at the picure on the club web site of the 300 Hurst engine bay:

http://www.chrysler300club.com/uniq/uniqhurst/hurstengine.html

Question answered.  It's a "V" code.  That's why its orange.  I think the "T" code in the Sport Fury GT was turquoise.   Mmmmm.  Ok.  Now I'm just rambling......

BTW, here's a web link to a mailorder outfit that has the Mopar Performance paints:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/Products/parts_list_1077.html

Best Regards,

Thomas F. Miller
tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
'57 300C, 300M Special and a 'Cuda too!

>>> <HighOctane300H@xxxxxxx> 1/14/2006 6:37 PM >>>
Hello out there,
I'm in the process of detailing my engine.
Q # 1: Is Primer by Dupli-Color Engine Enamel that is 500 degrees Heat
tested good enough.
Q # 2: Purchased by the same brand Chrysler Orange # DE1622 500 heat  tested,
however it looks a little to reddish to me, is it the right Orange for  the
engine block? if not where can I purchase the correct Orange color?
Thank You...

Joe  Gross
70 Chrysler 300 Hurst
Cleveland,  Ohio