Re: [Chrysler300] HP block stamp

Bill,

I was just referring to the 440 cid engines. I know others (Max
Wedge, for instance) were previously stamped HP. If I recollect the
first 440 to have the HP stamp was the 375 HP/TNT in 1967. Of course,
my recollection is getting fuzzy these days. Also, if I recall, the
1967 TNT was the first TNT to have internal changes (valves & cam) to
account for the extra horsepower, whereas the 1966 was mostly rated
on a tweaked carburetor and dual exhausts. Like I say, my
recollection............

Jack

On Jan 18, 2006, at 10:07 PM, William Miller wrote:

> Jack
> I had a 63 383 Plymouth Savoy police car I bought new.  It was the
> 330 horsepower engine and was stamped HP
> Bill Miller

Yahoo! Groups Links