RE: [Chrysler300] 440 TNT Exhaust manifold

RE: [Chrysler300] 440 TNT Exhaust manifold

They are 4 bolt exhaust manifolds as used on some Dodge trucks with hemi
engines.  I can remember hunting them at junkyards from truck
engines.  From what I know they were used on the hi performance 392s in
1957 but may work on all hemis.  Anyway that is what we were hunting them
for.  We bought a set at Hershey some years ago quite reasonably.  They
were used on hemi truck engines and maybe boat engines in 1957 and maybe
other years.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer
Webmaster http://www.americandreamcars.com
Free Color Picture Ads for Collector Cars
One of the Ten Best Places To Buy or Sell a Collector Car on the Web

At 04:51 PM 2/11/2006, Rich barber wrote:

>Does anyone recall an article about Kiekhaefer or others using Dodge truck
>exhaust manifolds on the 331 C-300 engine?  Also, I could use some
>confirmation of proper exhaust piping size for the C-300.  2" all the way?
>And was this different from a NY'er or Imperial with dual exhaust?
>
>C-300'ly,
>Rich Barber
>Brentwood, CA (Spring has sprung here--trees in blossom--75 degrees in the
>shade at 2PM)
>

>Hello 300 Fans - Phil Irish here.  When I made my "Kit Kar  300" from my 69
>Newport coupe, I stumbled on a set of these manifolds to  add to my TNT
>rebuild
>of the 440.  Having done the entire engine in one  effort, it is difficult
>say how much they add, but the whole engine response  is noticeably better.
>do know Carl K. of early 300 racing fame, believed good  exhaust manifolds
>and pipes were worth 50 HP on the 392 cu in engine. They are  impressive to
>see
>on the engine and I've never failed to get questions about  them when the
>person looking had any engine knowledge at all.  I do not  have the part
>numbers
>but will say I've never seen them offered at a swap meet,  or on ebay.  I
>suspect finding a complete TNT engine would be the only way  to get a set.
>I only
>know of one of those - and I don't think it is for  sale.  Good luck in your
>
>search !
>
>              All the Best  300ing,
>
>                                                                Phil - snowy
>38F outside  Memphis                                            .

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>Yahoo! Groups Links