Re: [Chrysler300] 413 rebuild

I replaced the factory "log style" manifolds on my 66/300 with ones I
got from a '69 B-body with a 440HP. They are much swoopier and
actually allow better spark plug access. The casting numbers, which I
just went out to the garage and read, appear to be 2843992 on the
left, and 2808800 on the right--although the 88 may be a 69 (tight
space made reading difficult). I don't remember what the outlet
diameters were, but I still do have a spare set of gaskets, and they
measure 2-3/8". I also have, laying in my garage, a manifold with a
casting stamp 2853409, which looks very much like the one on the car.
I measured it's outlet at 2-3/8".

Jack
-------

On Feb 15, 2006, at 6:12 AM, Carlton Schroeder wrote:

> 3) Are there any big block exhaust manifolds, other than something
> like the Max Wedge manifolds, that would have a 2 1/4 or better yet
> a 2 1/2" outlet.  I thought there would be numerous 440 manifolds
> like that but I haven't found any.  I have seen some manifolds that
> appear to have less restrictive flow lines, but they were also 2"
> outlet.  I am a little surprised but I guess the 300H had 2" dia.
> manifold outlets, like all the other models - is that right?  How
> about that higher horsepower H - did it have larger manifolds?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Carlton.

Yahoo! Groups Links