RE: [Chrysler300] 62 master cylinder?? AND EMERGENCY OR PARKING BRAKE AD

RE: [Chrysler300] 62 master cylinder?? AND EMERGENCY OR PARKING BRAKE ADJUSTMENT

Bill, and all:

You could rebuild the old master cylinder if you have the brake honing tool
and a rebuild kit, (I don't know who might carry one).  I know that is what
we used to do back in the old days but today, I would prefer to just buy a
new or already rebuilt one.

As for the Emergency Brake adjustment.  A couple of years ago, I made a few
copies of a tool to adjust the Emergency or Parking brake mechanisms on our
old Mopars and have a couple of them still in my toolbox.

For photo, see:
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/991/moparemergencybrakeadjustingto.jpg

If you are interested in buying one, contact me off the list and I will send
you the details.

You could fool around with a screwdriver or brake spoon and maybe,
eventually get it adjusted.  But from my experience, that transmission
crossmember is just too much in the way to even see what you are doing, let
alone get any adjustment done.  This tool just fits in the crook of your
index finger and you just point your finger (with the tool in place) at the
adjusting wheel and either tighten or loosen the brake adjustment.

Good Luck,

Big John Mc Adams
(In Sunny but Cool SoCal)