[Chrysler300] 1957 300C waterpumps.

Between George Berg and I we had 3 57's, all in 100,000 to 200,000 mile
range on  each car.  We went thru several water pumps.  They are NOT
all the same.  The ORIGINAL water pump had fewer vanes at different
angles. Since the cars revved higher than normal, the original 300C
pumps SLOWED the flow of water to absorb more heat (I got 3N572063 with
47,000 original miles and original pump.)   TOO fast a flow caused
overheating.

Somewhere in my notes I have original impeller photos and data. The
secret is DO NOT PART with your original pump; have it re-built with
same impeller.  Other pumps fit because the housing works, but that
impeller is unique, I believe, to 300C.  The 300D I have no idea. As I
remember George's 300D had a different pump, but his had an after
market air conditioner, too. Chrysler part numbers blur this. I seem to
remember there was a service bulletin on them.

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL

Yahoo! Groups Links