RE: [Chrysler300] aussie 57 300C versus new 300C feature article

RE: [Chrysler300] aussie 57 300C versus new 300C feature article

Hi Chis,
Just read through the article, I liked and agreed with most if not all of
your comments as well as the brief description of the '57 300C.

BUT as for the bagging of the new one by the journo with comments such as
"don't expect the new 300C to take the sword to any of the Ford or Holden
eight bangers, as it simply won't happen" OR "in terms of fit ,finish , and
ergonomic function, the 300 fails to outshine even the lowest level
Australian family sedans".
Holden Australia couldn't even get the windows to go up and down in my
Holden Commodore, how's that for fit and finish! Then there's the lack of
oil pressure on the V8 cars not so long back. These were not one off
problems either. As for performance let's compare apples with apples and put
an SRT8 up against one of the so-called Aussie "muscle cars".
I was reasonably happy with the new 300C on my test drive, fit and finish on
the one I drove was nice and a darn sight classier than what Holden/Ford
have put together lately.
It drove well too, without being mind blowing, but I'm looking forward to a
drive in the SRT8 for that. I'm glad to see them down here.

Owen
"Down-under" too....and putting up with these idiot comments from local
motoring magazines.