[Chrysler300] re viewing B-J Palm Beach 300G 'sale'

[Chrysler300] re viewing B-J Palm Beach 300G 'sale'

Thank you to Rob Kern for mentioning B-J's latest sale, this weekend I
presume in Florida.

If you access their website, you can go to either their auction results for
Florida, or the earlier Arizona.  If you select 'make' it gives you just the
make you wish to see or search.

After this I suggest you go to the listing that gives the cars at each
Auction, because this then brings up photos and any history - like at
Arizona the 57 Imperial Convertible was originally ordered by Howard Hughes,
which is I believe shows Howard for all his money thought an Imperial was
better than the more popular, now regarded same years Cadillac?!

On looking at Rob's mentioned 61 300G convertible, that it made only 80K
seems puzzling re other recent 300G sales well above this - surely that the
car was non original red would not wipe maybe $100 -120K off the price -
look at that car in front of that house/setting, and it is a knockout today
- imagine it new back in 60-61, or look forward to whatever (mundane styled)
cars are sold in 10-20 years time?!

More consistent re values seem 67 Shelby GT500 fastbacks - wow regularly
over $200K lately, and it much easier to build a fake one of them, re having
one, than say a 57-61 300 convertible ?!!  B-J sold a red 67 500 F/Back -
it's photos still there - looks great, but in years to come, will they or
300 convs move much higher?!

Leave it all with you - good for us who own cars already, but if still other
good fast good looking cars we wanted, maybe bit too late, so maybe that is
either good or bad, according to how we should spend our futures, maybe find
things other than our 'cars'?!

yours from Oz on a Sunday, Christopher

>From: "rob kern" <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Chrysler300] B-J Palm Beach
>Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:00:16 -0600
>
>Hello 300'ly to all!
>     A red 300 G convertible, automatic with wire wheels just went for $80K
>at the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction.  It was an older restoration
>from 1997 with only 3000 miles on the clock since.  ROB KERN

Yahoo! Groups Links