From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Mikonis
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:38 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Rebodying Anyone - answer

I don't know if you guys knew this, but you can now
buy a complete reproduction unibody shell for a '69
Camaro:

http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/AboutUs.htm

It licensed by GM, and it is apparently legal - and
indeed the intention - to transfer the VIN tag of a
donor car.  They use this section of the US Code to
justify the legality:

http://uscode.house.gov/uscode-cgi/fastweb.exe?getdoc+uscview+t17t20+368+0++%28%29%20%20AND%20%28%2818%29%20ADJ%20USC%29%3ACITE%20AND%20%28USC%20w%2F10%20%28511%29%29%3ACITE%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20

If that big URL doesn't work, go to
http://uscode.house.gov and do a search for title 18,
sec 511

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY and don't get too excited.  It
does indeed spell out who can do a number of things to
a VIN, and under what conditions.

Interesting stuff.  If you do a web search there are
extensive discussions in the Camaro community on this
topic, so maybe we don't need to rehash it too much
here.

Andy

http://mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Groups Links