From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob kern
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:51 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Rebodying Everyone!

Hello 300'ly to all!
    It seems to me that the thread about rebodying has a not so distant history with our club.  This goes back to our most recent meet at S. Lake Tahoe.  A particular yellow F owned by an esteemed club member was questioned by those in the know of 300 authenticity about it ever being judged as a pure 300. Apparently certain body parts were from non-300 '60 Chryslers as part of the restoration process. This fanned some flames and created angst at the meet. Those of you in the know about this....please enlighten me and other interested club members as to what the controversy is all about? I am not wanting to create an argument, but I think if the "heavies" weigh in on this topic, it may clear the air and educate us all.  Especially for those who are in the restoration process and are getting all excited about being judged in the concours event this fall in Lawton. I as meet host don't want anybody to be disappointed and angry at our hard working judges over issues that if are a
 ddressed long before the meet can be appropriately considered when entering a car for scrutiny. I personally will never enter Mopsy, my C, in a concours judging event.  I'd be lambasted since she has 4 wheel disc brakes, an A/C condenser fan, a power steering cooler, a concealed high-tech stereo system, an auxiliary electric fuel pump, radial tires, an alternator, and rear A/C, and black front seat belts (match the interior color scheme perfectly but are not the original gray). Oh, and did I fail to mention that she is Regimental Red, but her original color was Cloud White? However, I will be honored and proud to put her in to be judged by People's Choice. I drive her 30 miles a week, never in inclement weather, and other than when she is in the garage probably never out of my site. To me there is never a question of her being a 300C. But she is the way I want her to be so that the smile is always on my face when in her presence. JUST LIKE WHEN I'M WITH MY WIFE!  So enjoy, d
 on't get wrapped around the axle over this and clarification for concours judging would be greatly appreciated.  ROB KERN

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links