Re: [Chrysler300] G wheel cover paint

Hi All:
As with many things on our cars, the wheelcover paint matching is not too
straightforward.  According to Chrysler engineering drawings, the Chrysler
Color Number for the wheel cover red and the medallion red are the same: C-7415
Flag Red.  Unfortunately, I have never been able to get a paint color  master
for the Flag Red.  The ram red is a different Chrysler Color number:  C-7107.
I do have a master for that red, and the present substitute,  Cummins Apex Red
is pretty darn good.
What to do?  Well, it is obvious that Chrysler wanted the wheelcover  red to
match the medallion red.  I used an NOS medallion I had to match red  for my
300F.  I found the 1962 Festival Red was a good match to THAT  medallion, so
used it.  I seriously doubt all original medallions were the  same exact shade,
even though intended to be, and that varience is probably  accentuated as more
repros become available.  I there a bottom line to all  this?
Maybe just take your best, most original medallion (the one between the  rear
seats?) to the paint store and match the red on it the best you  can.  Hope
this is of some  help.          300ly, Gil  Cunningham

In a message dated 5/8/2006 9:49:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,  cro