[Chrysler300] rust repair panel sources for 300C/D ?

[Chrysler300] rust repair panel sources for 300C/D ?

Warning all this below involves fixing rusty 300C/Ds, so if does not
interest you, delete now.

Through club website, I have now/recently been advised by members that
Metalcrafters lower quarter panel sections for 300C & D s are now 'extinct
as dodos', and/or as Tasmanian Tigers, to put an aussie spin on extinction
issues.

Not only that, but apparently the die was junked/scrapped, which if true
sounds like something went badly wrong re whatever led to this?.

Now in response to my recent question of how high is the % of totally rust
free 300C & Ds, it seems rust free ones are not so common they are under
every gum tree, plus someone then also pointed out that the
wheelarch/quarter sections share much/all with same years Dodge/Plymouth,
and stone the crows, there sure must be heaps of rusty ones of them out
there??!!
So my question is - where are the repo panels for these, and if no OEM
quality ones, WHY NOT !!?

I have seen, sometimes see, 57/58 rocker sections on ebay - claimed original
quality, but boy on the few shots provided of some, the end section curve
looks a shocker/wrong, never mind the 2 door rocker is wider at the front
than the rear, along where the door rubber seals, and I wonder do these
feature that - real trap for someone who welds them in, or rather wonders
why they won't line up to weld in if not wider where they should be?!

Anyhow, not to make things too hard - if no full lower quarters, are there
just rear inner and outer wheel arch sections available in oem quality and
correct gauge/thickness metal??  - and if not, how many might there be an
interest in, if no one can suggest a good current source/supplier?  (if not,
maybe there could/should be a joint effort/approach with other/all mopar
marques/clubs?)

My rusty 300C lower body project continues (mainly due to other things
stealing 70% of planned time, it not finished by May's end as thought
originally), but what has made it much easier, near factory quality, is a
previous owner (whom we shall call 'Mr Bloody Bodgy it up', or 'Michealango
Bondo Scupltureer') sourced and pop riveted perfect heavy gauge 2door outer
rockers over what remained of originals - they are same grey primer on
inside surfaces that Chrysler used on flloors/body of 300Cs, which make me
ask were they old stock Mopar, or does/did someone years ago make factory
quality panels for these models - by light surface rust, dirt etc, they look
like done maybe 20 odd years ago, say early 80s ?

One side of cabin all done, on the second side now, boy this car would have
been fast before rust cut out - the cut out bits weigh nothing, that when
there was much to cut out!! - with it's original 550hp specs, it would
should have hauled the quarter mile if I had timed it before starting rust
removal - and some of the underfloor brackets where they meet the rockers
were only body filler shaped to look like them!!

Can't think of a personalised sign off for where I live, except the place is
so boring it has been mockingly known for last 40 years as the 'City of
Churches', plus recent State advertising campaign was called 'Come and see
our Secrets', because no one could find any/even one item any one knew worth
selling the State by !!?

Christopher in South Australia, Australia

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM