Re: [Chrysler300] correct action on vins rather than untold talk?

Re: [Chrysler300] correct action on vins rather than untold talk?

As I think I said earlier when this issue last was covered in many emails, I
think the AC Cobra Register which has since I believe early 70s tracked
every known Cobra and then later also Shelby Mustang is proof, or shows, the
best assurance/hope of one knowing if a car is genuine or a latter fake?!

All those concerned at knowing the early years '300 legend/icons' is best
protected can only be encouraged to see, or even better offer to help, the
growth of the Club's tracking, record keeping, of all 300s one believes
should be noted/tracked.
Congratulations to those in the Club who are already recording details of
cars as they see or hear of them - be if Official, or as a courtesy for the
future.

If the values of 300s continue to grow, those (300s) that have been known
longest and best by 'those who know' will be the ones the smarter people
will want to own, rather than one that seems correct but was never known or
has no rego history as a 300 until 10 minutes before it appeared for sale?!
People collect things for all reasons - to those of us who want the real
thing, then a Club Register, or some other other name equivalent, will best
serve us/them.  To those who are just money or status people, then let them
use their own means to decide what car they decide to buy?!

Christopher in Oz

(Shoot me down if you think I am wrong, because otherwise Roger and others
are right that anyone can clone or rip off even the most handbuilt car, and
those with many supposed secret markings _ AC Cobras hads way more than
300s, and they were mainly originally so the correct parts ended up on the
car (Build number) they were intended for, not ever thinking of 30-50 years
down the track.)

Yahoo! Groups Links