[Chrysler300] anyone know anyone with 1957 300 factory seatbelts?

[Chrysler300] anyone know anyone with 1957 300 factory seatbelts?

I thought I'd ask before many of you are all together at Lawton Meet so
someone may remember/know!? - following on from my earlier request for help
identifying the Mopar seat belts I have in one of my 300Cs, a former
designer/employee of Chrysler has since indicated that the belts I have are
likely NOT 1955 or other earlier issue/design, but rather 1957.

So if that makes them correct for being installed either by factory or
dealer in my 300C, does anyone know an owner, or 300C car, that either has,
or is remembered as having, these cable ended Mopar seat belts?!

Now about a year ago, I saw a similar single such belt offered on ebay, but
otherwise from here in Australia, it near impossible I know who may be able
to help here.
Preferrably it would be best/ideal if any car that has them, is one that has
an ownership that is known for many of it's years, or better, was known to
be purchased that way, and the belts thereby known to be installed as they
were originally.

The mystery we are trying to solve is: 1) what is the factory recommended
way to install 57 300 Mopar belts?  and 2) if this is different to how '55
belts installed, when did the change from 55 begin?
(ie/eg - how were '56 300 Mopar belts installed, and/plus - how long after
'57 did cable end belts continue for?  before replaced by the later 'sewn in
bolt through into floor ends' that vitually continue to today as the common
method of installation?

Maybe this can be a mystery quiz question for Lawton organiser to test 300
owners' 300 knowledge?
Just joking, hope you are going to have a far better time than think about
small items like this!!!,

Owners with later 300s with now well known factory installation belts are
lucky it was/is much easier solving their belt mysteries !!
Christopher in Oz

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional