[Chrysler300] Lawton shots and a 300C/D seatbelt further?

[Chrysler300] Lawton shots and a 300C/D seatbelt further?

1) Great to see the first shots of Lawton - you guys/gals not only look like
you had a great time, you all also look like really great/genuine types,
although one with the pink hair better not expect to ride with me in any of
my cars/300s in daylight dressed like that if ever visits Australia !!  I
look forward to more shots, especially some of whole/groups of cars that
attended together - these in addition to the many close up part shots
already - this for those of us 'too far away, presently too poor' to attend.
(And re 'being too poor', not good news here, as today I just bought a 58
Caddy Limo that needs some paint and attention, meaning my 300Cs, the
super-300C resto, are now even more strained.) The only good news is if ever
any 300 members visit Australia/here, if finished I can collect them from
the airport in big black limo, and pretend to onlookers you are VIPS, which
even if you are not, at the very least from seeing the fun had at Lawton,
you are "VAP"s - 'very astute people' for being smart enough to chase down
and own/enjoy a 300 ?!

2) re the 'what is correct for pre 1960 300s' seat belts saga I raised a
while back?!
(a) No one, NOT ONE person, has contacted me re knowing of 300s or other 50s
Mopars fitted with cable end Mopar (Brown-Line) seat belts  - anyone at
Lawton think of any - others apart from the one of my 300Cs must be out
there somewhere?
(b) I discovered have another, third type, "Brown-Line" Mopar type seat belt
set I forgot I had - this different to two other types I mentioned earlier,
and if no one has cable ended ones, maybe you have 300s with this third type
in it?!
They have plated alloy lift buckles same/similar as earlier cable ended ones
and the later bolt hole ended ones, but this time they have no sewn on/in
endes/cable, but just finish with webbing that double threads through double
slotted plate you bolt to floor - ( and this was how Ford put belts in
factory fit 1957 Fords.)
And cast in back of buckle lift plate is a third different detail/address -
this time they are still "Brown-Line", but now with also
              "MFG BY
     GENERAL TUBE CO
    STURGIS MICHIGAN

And on these, the "pat (is still obviously) pending", so my guess they are
post 1957 cable end 300 type, but before the (now patented) sewn in eye end
ones  - in other words maybe 58/59 !!??

They are NOT out of a 300, but apart from this, are seemingly identical re
exact same weave/type webbing/etc to what Chrysler Mopar supplied earlier,
so does anyone have a 58/59 300 with Brown-Line belts, that maybe are
similar same to these - at least it can then be 'guesstimated' that Chrysler
still used Brown-Line belts in 300s after 1957 models?

Leave it with you, hope this topic interests at least some 300 owners of
you?

ps  crypee, I hope I maid no speeling erors, and put all my 'y's in right
plaices ??!
Christopher in OZ

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: