[Chrysler300] Metro rubber becomes Steel

[Chrysler300] Metro rubber becomes Steel

Hello 300'ly to all!
    I replaced the quarter window verticle weatherstripping on my C over the past 3 weeks. Reinforced the Metro product with a metal angle piece on each window where the weatherstripping doglegs backward to the set screw (installation of which necessitated taking out the backseat and rear quarter interior trim pieces AND the quarter windows to affix the end of the doglegged rubber of the weatherstrip piece to the set screw). The reassembly took 6 hours by the body shop to adjust the windows (and having to overnight another pair of weatherstrip pieces from Metro since the first pair got torn from the adjusting maneuvers!!) and took me 4 hours to reassemble the interior pieces (funny it only took 20 minutes to get them out! Don't Ask). My biggest fear was that this exercise would have to be repeated in the near future since the right angle joint of the rubber pieces didn't appear very sturdy. I fashioned a metal right angle support bracket to fit in the goove of the verticle chromed potmetal trim piece and in the dogleg underside groove of the weatherstrip piece.  Two 1/8th" X  1/2" flat head sheet metal screws were then set into holes drilled in the forward corner of the metal window trim anchoring the verticle bracket to this piece which secured the lower horizontal part of the L under tension. This serves to reinforce the rubber weatherstrip joint so the twain shall not part again! The metal is totally concealed under the verticle piece of the weatherstripping. Get this, the metal bracket was fashioned from a picture hanger!  The one that has a hook and gets nailed into the wall at an angle. I just removed the eye of the hanger and bent the hook to right angle and the dimensions width and length wise fit perfectly. So does this make the Metro rubber a Steele Rubber (steel)?  ROB KERN

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: