Re: [Chrysler300] Subject: Electric Window Motors

Re: [Chrysler300] Subject: Electric Window Motors

I had problems with the motors in my 300D. When I removed them (lift still in car) and took them apart, I found the gear boxes completely dry. I cleaned them up and added grease. Then I mounted two starting/lighting relays in each door and hooked the relays to the motors. I ran a fused power lead to each door relay, then wired the door switches to the relays rather than directly to the motors. The windows work very well now, and with the right kind of relay you don't hear any noise. I started with a starting relay, but that makes a loud clunk, lighting relays work well. I know it is not original, but the windows work well and the switches don't carry the load current. Since I don't have the original 392 engine, I don't mind making small changes for safety or convenience.

Bill Huff