Re: [Chrysler300] Subject: Electric Window Motors

Re: [Chrysler300] Subject: Electric Window Motors

Confused? Ask questions, it's why we're here.

A relay is a device that uses a little current to close contacts which pass heavy current. Or to switch from one circuit to another, such as a Headlight Dimmer Relay. The advantage is that you don't have to build switches with massive contacts to carry the current (and heat), you just let the switch "trigger" the relay which does the job. In the current discussion, the idea is that just a little current thru the Power Window Switch triggers the relay which supplies the much larger current to operate the motor. Think of electricity as water in a hose. The switch uses a little hose (wire) to trigger the relay (valve) which lets the big water hose turn on. You wouldn't want all the current which a Starter Motor uses to have to go thru the Ign. Switch

Ray