Re: [Chrysler300] Barrett Jackson after 6 days in attendance.

Re: [Chrysler300] Barrett Jackson after 6 days in attendance.

Dodge-Different at Barrett-Jackson.  I'm back in the land of reality  and
glad to have been part of the BJ experience as well as the other 4 auctions  in
the land of OZ where green is of a different hue.  I have been attending  the
auction scene in AZ for the past 12 years, mostly to giggle at the goofyness
of the players.  I bid 11 years ago on a 62 Imp rag and opened the bidding  at
24K which was what I wanted to pay.  It quickly went to 38K whereby the
auctioneer was able to crow....."Folks we have a new world's record for a 62
Imperial."  How would you like the audience to know that you paid more  for an item
then anybody else ever did?  Where is the honor in that  distinction?  All
the other visits were to see a  bunch of great cars  and have great dinners and
drinking.  When the Western Group of our  Sickness started to have meets
concurrently, the whole thing got much more  palatable.  I took Dodge Different,
the 61 Ram Sedan this year for the  experience, not the money.  The nice 1961
Dodge Phoenix 4 door sedan D500  383 long rammer was as almost as nice as new.
It sold for more than my  first brand new house at probably the highest price
ever paid for a 61 4  door.  It brought my purchase price plus all my
purchases plus all my labor  at  minimum wage and all the expenses of having BJ sell
it and shipping it  there.  Any other hobbies work out that nicely?  All 7
years of  driving and showing the car were FREE!  May the new owner (from
Pittsburgh  PA) get as much enjoyment from this machine as I did, and he had to pay
$25K  plus another 10% plus another 8% tax.  You owe it to yourself to visit it
next year because it absolutely has to come to an end someday.  NOBODY  needs
these cars so the bubble has to burst under any serious economic  downturn.
$280K for a DeSoto?  $500K for a Mustang?  $5M for a  Cobra?  Come-on...get
serious!!

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional