[Chrysler300] Changing a fuel pump - Thanks

[Chrysler300] Changing a fuel pump - Thanks

Thanks for the advice to all about the fuel pump.  I even got a call from George Riehl offering assistance!

  It was a combination of the pushrod having fallen downwards, and the tight clearance of the rearward bolt that caused a minor headache in replacing the fuel pump.

  Also, George strongly recommended that I replace the pushrod, as he explained that it wears down, and does not allow the fuel pump to stroke fully.  He said it is a normal NAPA item.

  The car is now running fine!  Again, thanks.

  John Spiers.

"John J. Hertog" <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi John,

What has more than likely happened is that the fuel pump PUSHROD has moved
downwards; you need to move it back up and insert the arm of the fuel pump
under it . One trick that has worked for me in the past is removing the
pushrod completely (there is a fitting that threads into the block that
must be removed first, then the pushrod drops down out of the block. Then
put grease on the pushrod, and stick it back up there, the grease will hold
it in place. Hope this helps

John