Re: [Chrysler300] AFB 2903 electric choke conversion

Re: [Chrysler300] AFB 2903 electric choke conversion

I'd have to go with Warren here.  I drove my G for
years with no carb heat - all heat pipes were off when
I bought it, maybe because it lived its life in San
Diego .  Made for a temperamental car - like Warren
describes - especially below 70 degrees or so.

And with a ram manifold "full operating temp" doesn't
help because of the location of the carbs.  This mod
might be okay if you just need to drive in and out of
a trailer, or over the auction block, but if you
actually drive your car, you'll hate yourself.

Andy Mikonis
Headed for 70*F in Chicago.  Warm enough to drive an
F/G with no carb heat!

--- Warren Anderson <wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I drove my C300 in Southern CA for many miles and
> many years without choke action and without a heat
> riser valve. Worked quite well.  Car is a real bear
> where we live now without manifold heat and choke
> until engine reaches full operating temp.
>
>   Heat risers push exhaust under carburetors to heat
> floor of manifold. Otherwise, fuel condenses big
> time on floor of manifold during initial cold start
> and even on colder days.
>
>   I have worked with thermal choke carbs that have
> had electric heaters retrofitted. Experiences were
> never good. Electronic controls did work best but
> electric assists still brought chokes off way too
> fast. Bogging and backfiring during warm up. Fouling
> plugs etc. Carbon build up.
>
>   Warren Anderson
>   Sedona,AZ

> removed]